Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tomato Trot 2011 Results Released

So the Tomato Trot came, and the Tomato Trot went.

The race started in blistering heat, and extremely dry conditions, with a looming thunderstorm watching from the horizon. As the distant thunderstorm got closer, for a better view of the race, humidity levels shot up, and doing anything more strenuous than breathing was sure to cause sweating.

At 3:30 the 15km Race walkers left, followed by the 15km Runners at 4:00.

Ten minutes later the fun Run Cyclists were released into the field, and as soon as they were clear of the start the 5km Fun Run walkers/runners/pram-pushers set off. I did my race pretty much as planned, walking hills, and running on the flats. Generally, I feel I did okay. I don't have an exact time, but we finished round about the 40 minute mark, which translates to an average of 8km per hour. So yeah, I've been told athletes don't use km/h, but then, I'm not a big shot athlete. I run because I have serious masochistic tendencies.

Okay, never mind that nonsense, the first three positions for the 15km heroes, in their categories, are as follows:

Mens Runners:
  1. Melikhaya Sithuba
  2. Mzukisi
  3. Makaya Masumpa
Women Runners:
  1. Hanlie Botha
  2. Louise Heyns
  3. Sharon Wood
Mens Walkers:
  1. Thando Lumkwana
  2. Richard Alexander
  3. Stephen Boatwright
Women Walkers:
  1. Stephanie Ackerman
  2. Sharon Rust
  3. Louise Potgieter
I do have the official times available if anyone needs to know their time for the 2011 Tomato Trot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be civil. I go to a lot of trouble writing for you, so you can at least leave a comment. :)