Monday, June 14, 2010

A meal without the basics.

When in the kitchen, performing my random kitchenary functions, I like to have at least two staples ready and waiting to get used as a vital part of the meal.

The two items? Potatoes and onions. With potatoes and onions, a meal is waiting to happen. In my opinion these two items are everyday necessities in a kitchen, especially if one has to feed a horde, and one is subject to following a budget.

Sunday I drew kitchenary duty. I was a bit miff, but yeah, I went for my badge.

I set a challenge to myself to prepare a filling 'traditional' sunday lunch, that wouldn't leave anyone bloated, but would be yummy and filling.

Without any boring detail, the result, as delivered to the table was: Grilled Pork Chops, rice, cauliflower with white sauce, and caramel carrots.

The verdict?

I wasn't as miff as I had been when I started.

1 comment:

  1. The verdict was definitely yummy and filling - well done Tony!

    ReplyDelete

Be civil. I go to a lot of trouble writing for you, so you can at least leave a comment. :)