Saturday, May 8, 2010

Motor car insurance in South Africa

The past while we have had a few niggly little problems with the red car. The cherry on top came yesterday afternoon, when the little red car developed a painful accellaration hiccup. I checked it out this morning and I'm sure I solved the problem.



The entire episode brought insurance cover to mind. The red car does have insurance cover, but, as with any insurance cover policy, it is unclear exactly what your cars cheap insurance covers. Hm? Does medical aid come to mind?

Finding a suitable policy for your cars cheap insurance is not difficult, and is not a rocket science. Using Google, type in "car insurance", and you will have a myriad of choices to explore to find your cars cheap insurance.

While researching this article I was obviously looking for low insurance quotes, and for that purpose I selected three websites at random, and visited them, to see how each of the businesses would be able to accommodate my quest for low insurance quotes.

The results of my queries are personal, but here is my commentary about the 3 sites I visited for my low insurance quotes.

cheapinsurance.co.za
This is, without a doubt, a high level marketing tool, optimised for Search engine findability, and linking to several car insurance companies. My problem with this site only really came about when I clicked the button to get a quote. I was re-directed to another website. Not good. Although this is the first site I comment on, I personally don't like underhand tactics, and I do not recommend using this site.

get-insured.co.za
Get insured, if I am correct, is part of a grouping of similar sites where a consumer can get several quotes for a particular product or service. I especially like the short form you fill in, to generate 12 (or so they claim) quotes from different companies. What I am not too keen on, is that my info can be shared with anyone get-insured feels like. I have no control over that. However, if they're serious, and conscientious, my info should be safe enough.
I do have one active link to get-insured.

dialdirect.co.za
My favourite of the 3. The website opens fast, it is clean, and easy to use. This is obviously a business site, and the aim is to deliver quotations based on information provided. The site is attractive, and uncluttered. It is almost natural that you just start filling in your details. What is especially nice, is that although dialdirect are brokers, you car insurance policy is with them, not a third party whom you have never heard of.
Definitely linked to.

Other sites to look at are:


www.autogen.co.za
www.aainsured.co.za
www.miway.co.za

UPDATE (3 December 2011)
I went and had a quick look at http://insuredeal.co.za. Fast loading, and clearly designed to get your quote to you as quickly as possible. My only problem is that they are obviously brokers, which raises concerns about my privacy, and the confidentiality of my personal details.


I sincerely hope this article helps you find the low insurance quotes you need, to keep your car healthy and alive.

Good Luck!
-- caveat emptor --

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    There is a new site http://insuredeal.co.za that offers a similar service, with one small, easy and user friendly form to fill in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you mean similar to dialdirect? I will go visit your site, and add it to the post.

    ReplyDelete

Be civil. I go to a lot of trouble writing for you, so you can at least leave a comment. :)