Saturday, May 1, 2010

Real meals, and real people.

I am not a chef. I do however enjoy cooking.

I am not a gastronome, nor am I an epicurean. I do however enjoy food, and eating good food.

Now, and this is a question I often ask myself, why the f^@k do these self appointed food fundis publish recipes, as being quick and easy and economical, with ingredients that "are already in your kitchen', when in fact, nothing that is needed can be bought outside of an upmarket deli, it is easy enough for a fourth year cordon bleu chef, quick if spending hours in a kitchen is not a long time, and economical only if you and another family member are employed by the government are filthy rich!

Who the hell makes, and then eats food that has dribbles of syrup on a lone boiled half fig, garnished with truffles and green caviar?

That is not food. That is an excuse to fill a magazine in order to impress upon normal real people how "out of touch with reality" they are. Bullshit. Its the same as trying to make a woman feel guilty because she has a figure. Real women don't go and shove their sleek pointy red fingernails down their throat .

My bottom line?

Magazines and their "real" food are in the same league as their "sexy" models.

They exist in a highly exploitative environment.

When last did you serve hottie cuzzin at dinner time?

When last did you fit into a size 6?

1 comment:

Be civil. I go to a lot of trouble writing for you, so you can at least leave a comment. :)